Monday 18 April 2011

Welcome Post

Hey there everyone. Odds are if you're reading this, you've been sent here from my Youtube page *waves*. If not, no idea how the hell you got it but welcome anyways to The Cache.

Yanno, I've been noticing that lots of people have Twitters, Tumblrs, and other kinds of random blogs. Just so I can join the masses of people-that-don't-need-a-blog-but-get-one-anyways, I decided to give myself one here on Blogger to kind of celebrate my 5th year of AMVing (...even though I thought I would have more videos at this point. Oh well). It's not going to be COMPLETELY useless, since it might bring a bit of padding between AMVs and further communication between me and viewers. Brought the idea of my temptations up with my friends and they were cool with it. I even asked my cat (who will be my co-editor) and he seemed very excited and couldn't wait.
Sniffing for the "delete" button

Who Am I?
My name is Raggedstar...at least that's what most people call me. I'm a Canadian veterinary technician student and AMV maker for 5 years. I've made over 40 full-length AMVs as well as several shorter betas. I also have recorded several gaming videos with LPs and my blooper ("fail") reels while playing games. Your best bet is to reach me at Youtube. All of my online videos are on those websites.



I edit using Sony Vegas (formerly Windows Movie Maker 2.1 and 6.0). My style/niche of AMVs mostly hits lyric matching, storytelling and song meanings. My videos use mostly rock/metal music, my favourite video game genre is the 3D platformer, ya I'm just padding and not getting to the point.

What am I going to put here?
Lots of things really. I actually have a lot of ideas that were originally going to be put in videos (similar to the other white-on-black videos I've done), but the only thing that they would be is random videos/photos, which seem like a lot of excessive clutter for what they'll represent. A blog would be a lot cleaner and have about the same amount of emotion I carry in regular speech *cough*. Also, I'll have the opportunity to ramble and such (as a veteran of long-winded AMV descriptions).

The main content on here would be related to AMVs, animation, games, etc. Those will be the main themes and be comprised mainly of reviews, sharing some ideas I have for videos (as well as progress. OH JOY!), rants, as well as other specials. There may be some other stories and pictures that I post.


What's With The Name?
Let's break things down. A cache (pronounced like "cash") is a hole that animals like foxes and wolves put food in (...or their brain-dumps) so they can use it later. Crossroads refers to a few things. Hecate was the Greek Goddess of the crossroads, who is often depicted with dogs or as a dog herself. As you may have known, dogs and wolves are a focus of RDLFS. It's also to represent the several subjects that can be covered here. To summarize, it's a hole to fit my junk at a place guarded by dogs. That didn't make sense, did it? Just call it The Cache for short.

Sexycat being sexy
I just started this, so be patient as I get used to the way things are run on Blogger and get things set up (including possibly a banner). Feel free to make some suggestions on layout and content here.

No comments:

Post a Comment